Letter from Akın Atalay to ‘Justice Watch’ lawyers: You are the Diogeneses of the Law
Our newspaper’s Executive Board Chair Akın Atalay, who has been detained in the operation to silence Cumhuriyet, has sent a letter to the lawyers who are holding the ‘Justice Watch’.
Our newspaper’s Executive Board Chair Akın Atalay, who has been detained in the operation to silence Cumhuriyet newspaper, has sent a letter to his lawyer colleagues who are holding the ‘Justice Watch’ from Silivri Prison, where he has been deprived of his freedom for 193 days.
Akın Atalay, saying in his letter, ‘You are boldly holding a justice watch in the face of this pitch dark and these harsh and negative conditions. As “Diogeneses of the Law” you are dauntlessly and insistently seeking justice,’ also included the comments, ‘You shine out with brilliance against this pitch dark as guardians of democracy and the law, inspiring courage and hope.’
Here is Akın Atalay's letter:
The judiciary has collapsed in our country.
Justice has come to an end.
They are trying to clear up the debris left over from the law.
Slavery prevails in place of freedom. Mercy, equity, good faith, conscience and justice have been forgotten.
Injustice, bad faith, aspersions, snitching, lies, oppression and intimidation are in vogue.
The public prosecution, courts and court benches have turned into institutions that serve the ruling party and not justice.
Whoever opposes and criticises the current holders of power is isolated and those who resist are imprisoned.
Judicial complexes, that should be refuges for those who have suffered injustice and oppression have become terrifying places that people even fear to pass by or in front of.
You are boldly holding a justice watch in the face of this pitch dark and these harsh and negative conditions.
As ‘Diogeneses of the Law’ you are dauntlessly and insistently seeking justice. You shine out with brilliance against this pitch dark as guardians of democracy and the law, inspiring courage and hope.
Thanks to you, our hope is constantly refreshed and invigorated.
Your voice that says, ‘Well, we are here!’ and ‘You are not alone!’ whenever the need is felt surmounts the walls of our cells and reaches us. Your presence is appreciated. Thank you and long may you live.
- Caddebostan'da deniz salyalarına aldırmadan yüzdüler
- İstanbul'da cami muslukları böyle çalındı
- Konyaaltı Sahili’nde can pazarı!
- Kedinin mısır yediği anlar gülümsetti
- Düğün konvoyu kaza yaptı! Yaralılar var
- Şanlıurfa’da görüntülendi! Nadir görülen bir tür
- Erdoğan'a çok sert 'Nankör' yanıtı
- CHP'li isim paylaştı: İktidar Marmara Denizi'ni öldürdü
- Dalgıçlar denizden çıkardı, görenler şaştı kaldı
- Japon şirketten sıra dışı hizmet
En Çok Okunan Haberler
- TOGG fabrikanın son halini paylaştı! Tartışmalar başladı
- Ödenmeyen milyarlarca liralık krediler
- Kripto para piyasalarında dikkat çeken düşüş
- UEFA'dan çok konuşulacak Uğurcan paylaşımı
- Erdoğan, Soylu’yu bakanlıktan almayı planlıyor
- Yemeksepeti'nden Mansur Yavaş'a yanıt
- 'Tosuncuk'un bulunduğu ülkeyi yazdı
- 10 milyon Euro ver bakanla aranı düzelteyim” teklifi
- Profesyonelliğim konusunda küçültücü örnek kabul etmem
- Süleyman Özışık'tan Soylu'ya 'isyan'