Incredible confessions by one of the key figures in the station massacre: None less than the President said he was tricked
The trial into the 10 October Ankara Massacre is continuing at Ankara Serious Crime Court No 4. A lawyer who had been compulsorily appointed under the Code of Criminal Procedure system withdrew from the hearing, stating that he could not in all conscience live with this situation. The confessions of the baker who is one of the key figures in the trial came as the highlight of the afternoon session
The second hearing of the trial into the Ankara Railway Station Explosion in which 100 people lost their lives on 10 October, one of the biggest massacres in the history of the Republic of Turkey, is being held today.
JUDICIAL COMPLEX UNDER BLOCKADE
The police, accused of failing to take adequate security precautions in station square on the day of the massacre, yesterday imposed a “blockade” on Ankara judicial complex where the trial was set to be held. In the hearing auditorium, the remanded suspects were surrounded by a wall of policemen in full riot gear.
WITHDREW FROM THE TRIAL SAYING HE COULD NOT LIVE WITH THIS SITUATION
At the second session of the trial held today, a lawyer who had been compulsorily appointed under the Code of Criminal Procedure system withdrew from the hearing, stating that he could not in all conscience live with this situation and was withdrawing.
TWO INCREDIBLE CONFESSIONS
The testimony began to be heard of Yakup Şahin, one of the key figures in the trial who has admitted bringing the suicide bomber who carried out the Ankara massacre, Yunus Emre Alagöz, along with a second suicide bomber, from Gaziantep to Ankara. The main points in Şahin’s testimony are as follow:
- I have no connection with any organisation. Having an Islamic life style does not show that I worked in concert with anybody.
- None less than the President said he had been tricked. We are also trying to earn a crust and have been tricked.
- I was pressurised and tortured by the police into making that statement.
- I left Antep. The police pulled us over in Adana. I sent a message to Halil. I thought they had caught him. When there was no reply, I returned.
- I came as far as Ankara without any hindrance. Halil told me to go – there wasn’t long. Halil said to me, “Your job’s done. Give the phone. Go to any hotel you like and rest.”
I gave the car to Halil on the way to Ankara. He then gave it to Yunus Durmaz, whose name I knew to be Muhammet. When I got the car back I found a hand grenade in the car.
- The police arrested me. I didn’t feel well because I had taken drugs before leaving home.
- I noticed the police take a selfie with me when I came to. The ones there said laughing well done but one or two kids died.
- Two policeman who came from Ankara asked me where the Focus was. So I said it was Halil’s car but I didn’t know where it was.
- I asked those who were arrested with me in the morning. They weren’t tortured. As soon as we got to Ankara I was taken into the interrogation room. The police said if I listened to them they’d help me.
- Atatürk Havalimanı'ndan son görüntüler
- İstanbul’da sahte alkol üreticilerine baskın
- İmamoğlu'ndan 'öğrenci indirimi' hakkında karar
- Otobüs ücretini yüksek bulup şoföre saldırdı
- Yüzlerce kişi hastanelik oldu
- Aralık ayında söylediği sözler gündemde!
- Sahte parfüm ve güneş kremi operasyonu
- Almanya'da şirket kurmak isteyenlere uzmandan öneriler
- 6 ay önce evlendiği kocasını öldürdü
- Bu da iktidara yakın şirketin anketi
En Çok Okunan Haberler
- Cahit Özkan cephesinden açıklama
- Alaattin Çakıcı yine sahnede
- Sokak eylemlerine SADAT hazırlığı
- Sokak eylemlerine 'SADAT' hazırlığı
- Bakan Özer açıkladı: İlk kez bu yaz uygulanacak
- AKP'de büyük kan kaybı
- Seçimler için kendine iki rakip belirledi
- İsveç NATO kararını verdi
- Benzin ve LPG'ye büyük zam yolda
- Yeni hafta art arda zamlarla başladı