Attack on Turkish army in Al-Bab leaves 3 dead and 10 wounded. Turkish Armed Forces: Assad’s forces responsible
An attack has been staged on Turkish soldiers in the Euphrates Shield Operation. In the attack, three soldiers were killed and ten wounded. In a statement made by the Turkish Armed Forces, it was said, “Three of our heroic comrades in arms lost their lives in an air raid considered to be have been staged by Syrian regime forces.”
In the attack staged on Turkish soldiers on the 93rd day of the Euphrates Shield Operation being waged by the Turkish Armed Forces, three soldiers were killed and ten wounded.
In a statement made by the Turkish Armed Forces, it was said, “Three of our heroic comrades in arms lost their lives in an air raid considered to be have been staged by Syrian regime forces.”
The statement posted on the Office of the Chief of the General Staff’s website is as follows:
“Under operations staged within the Euphrates Shield Manoeuvres, at around 03.30 hours on 24 November 2016, three of our heroic comrades in arms lost their lives in an air raid considered to be have been staged by Syrian regime forces, while ten of our heroic comrades in arms were wounded, one seriously. The wounded personnel have been speedily evacuated from the area for treatment. We pray that God will show mercy on our sacred fallen in this attack that leaves us in deep pain and sorrow, send our condolences and wishes for fortitude to the noble families of the fallen, the Turkish Armed Forces and the Hallowed Turkish Nation, and hope that our wounded comrades in arms will make a speedy recovery. This is respectfully brought to the notice of the public.”
PRIME-MINISTER HAS BEEN BRIEFED
Prime-Minister Binali Yıldırım has been briefed on the attack staged on Turkish soldiers by Minister of National Defence, İsmet Yılmaz, and Chief of the General Staff, Four-Star General Hulusi Akar.
HOSPITAL VISIT BY THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR AND SPECIAL FORCES COMMANDER
Kilis Provincial Governor, İsmail Çataklı, and Special Forces Commander, Lieutenant General Zekai Aksakallı obtained information from hospital officials while visiting the wounded at Kilis State Hospital. With Rapid Reaction Force police imposing wide-ranging security measures at and in the vicinity of the hospital, those solders whose condition was serious were transferred to Gaziantep.
UNDERGOING TREATMENT IN GAZİANTEP AND KİLİS
The wounded soldiers are undergoing treatment in Kilis and Gaziantep, having been brought in by military helicopter and ambulance.
NAMES OF THE FALLEN SOLDIERS ANNOUNCED
It has been established that the soldiers who lost their lives in the attack in the Al-Bab operation being waged within the Euphrates Shield Operation were Erdal Bolat, Melih Özcan and Zafer Er. It has been learned that Erdal Bolat comes from Sivas, Melih Özcan from Eskişehir, while Zafer Er hails from Kırşehir.
It has also been stated that the fallen soldiers will be sent with honour to their home provinces after procedures have been completed at Gaziantep Forensic Institution.
- Vatan Partisi'nden Esad 'hamle'si
- Pazarda 'yan bakma' kavgası: Metrelerce kovaladı
- MHP'den 'erken seçim' iddialarına yanıt
- Denizde cesedi bulundu: Kimliği belli oldu
- Saniyeler içinde çaldı
- O anlar kameraya işte böyle yansıdı
- Parklarda zehir çıktı! 1 haftada 8 köpek öldü!
- Otomobilde ölü bulunmuştu: Uyuyor diye bırakmışlar!
- Zincir marketlerle ilgili yeni karar
- ABD'li şarkıcının Türk parçasıyla dansı gündem oldu
En Çok Okunan Haberler
- AKP'ye soğuk duş; birinci parti değişti
- Kaldıkları yer erkek öğrenci yurduna çevrildi
- Tıp fakülteleri tercih sıralamasında geriye düştü
- Baraj kalktı, kontenjanlar doldu
- İmamlara 'escort kadın' soruşturması
- 'Beni kovmaya gücünüz yetmez'
- Zincir marketlerle ilgili yeni karar
- Liderlerin sözleri gündeme getirdi
- 20 yıllık eşinin aldattığı kişi ortaya çıktı...
- Erdoğan'a 'Altılı Masa menüsü' yanıtı