Scandalous proposal before parliament: Let the victims of sexual abuse marry the abuser
The AKP has put forward yet another scandalous proposal in which it is calling in parliament for rapists’ sentences to be suspended if a raped child marries the rapist.
The AKP has submitted a proposal to the General Assembly of Parliament concerning sentencing for the crime of sexual abuse. It is mooted in the proposal that a decision be passed “in an instance of the offence of sexual abuse committed without violence, threat, deceit or other factor that influences volition, to defer sentencing in the event that that the perpetrator marries the victim,” and, if sentence has been passed, for it to be suspended. If the marriage ends at the fault of the perpetrator, the original sentence will be applied to the perpetrator. As the proposal failed to gain 184 votes, it will be re-debated on Tuesday.
Outrage at the AKP’s ‘legal shield against rape’ #RapecannotbeLegalised
Jurists have criticised the regulation for laying the legal foundation for child marriage in de-facto terms.
This is the full text of the proposal:
"To the Speaker’s Office of the Turkish Grand National Assembly,
We propose that the following paragraph be appended to Temporary Article 1 of the Draft Law under debate.
(2) In an instance of the offence of sexual abuse committed before 16/11/2016 without violence, threat, deceit or other factor that influences volition, a decision shall be rendered to defer sentencing in the event that that the perpetrator marries the victim and, if sentence has been passed, for it to be suspended. Should the marriage end at the fault of the perpetrator within the time bar period, sentence shall be passed or the application of the original sentence shall resume. Should a decision be rendered pursuant to this paragraph to defer sentencing the perpetrator or suspend his sentence, a decision shall be rendered for the closure of proceedings brought on behalf of the public against those who procured or aided and abetted in the commission of the offence or for their sentences to be lifted.”
Justice Minster Bozdağ’s defence: It does not cover rapists
These are the AKP MPs who submitted the proposal:
Mehmet Muş, İstanbul MP
Halis Dalkılıç, İstanbul MP
İlyas Şeker, Kocaeli MP
Ramazan Can, Kırıkkale MP
Hacı Bayram Türkoğlu, Hatay MP
Mücahit Durmuşoğlu, Osmaniye MP
- Sıcaklardan asfalt eridi
- Hastanede güvenlikçiler ile yurttaşların maske kavgası
- Tren ters makasa girdi; yolcular tahliye edildi
- Manavgat sahilinde dikkat çeken anlar
- Evini Hint keneviri yetiştirmek için seraya çevirmiş
- Kars-Göle yoluna kurtlar indi
- Kedilerin bacaklarını ve kuyruklarını kestiler
- Ağaç kovuğuna giren kaplumbağa yangından kurtuldu
- Erdoğan'dan Engin Altay'a canlı yayında hakaret
- Arkadaşlarıyla konuşurken boşluğa düştü
En Çok Okunan Haberler
- Zengin Türkler yurtdışına kaçıyor
- Saray duruma el mi attı?
- İsmail Saymaz’ın yeni adresi belli oldu
- Kavurucu sıcaklar gidiyor! İstanbul'a dolu geliyor
- İşte gitmesine 'kesin' gözüyle bakılan bakanlar!
- Emre Kınay’dan, Kübra Par’a yanıt
- Ses ve Whatsapp yazışmalı çok önemli olaylar zinciri
- 'Türkiye'yi daha da zor günler bekliyor'
- Yangın söndüremeyen bir yalakalık öyküsü
- Tekel Bayileri Platformu Başkanı, zamlı listeyi paylaştı